Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Poem~I THOUGHT I HAD A RIDE OR DIE FRIEND!

***When I first met you through a dear friend, it was over a century a go ***You were scared, I was scared, you were someone I didn't even know ***You showed me such wonderful kindness, endearing consideration, and upheld me with such respect ***You were smart, giving, loving, unique and were such a darling intellect ***Through the years you were there for me, I have to say, you really held me down ***I cried a lot, was depressed and sometimes my face had a permanent frown ***You listened to me, consoled me dear, only like a real man would only do ***I was so very thankful that you were in my life, to find someone, a "special" friend just like you ***When I say special, I don't mean by any means, in a fresh or sexual way ***We were close, chaste and platonic, and sometimes you did keep me at bay ***I didn't fully understand your actions until I had fully and mentally matured ***All I knew is that you were my ride or die friend, that I was extremely sure ***But somehow through the years things so drastically and sad to say, they so abruptly changed ***You started being distant, wouldn't answer my calls, you started acting very, very strange ***I asked myself "did I do something wrong or is this just another side of you" ***Maybe I did something I was not aware of , or maybe I unknowingly acted like a fool ***I asked you what was wrong several times and you would say nothing and sometimes you just looked at me ***I felt alone, felt abandoned because you were aloof, you were like a hollow tree ***I would get into my feelings because frankly I just could not fully comprehend ***How you could act this way, treat me this way, hey you were "My closest friend" ***How could you be my ride or die friend, and treat me like you did ***No communicating, avoiding me sometimes, acting just like an adolescent kid ***I was so positive and so sure that I had a ride or die friend but evidently I was so wrong ***The feelings I had for you were nurtured through the years and yes the feelings were very strong ***I loved you beyond any comprehension because of the qualities that I thought you ever so possessed ***You proved your loyalty through the years and yes, you proved to be the best ***You had my back in time of need like no other human would ever do ***I said this is my ride or die friend, loyalty sealed, stapled and yes it was real and it was true ***Hold up, wait a minute, don't you member the things I did for you, yes for you ***When you called me up, I would drop everything I was doing and did what you asked me to ***I know all of that you don't remember, it is gone out of your memory time ***That is okay, I know what I have done and that is absolutely just fine ***That is why I am ending this "whatever friendship" because you're acting this way towards my heart ***I have the memories, the good and bad times and this is the way I shall depart ***Goodbye old love , goodbye old friend, it was nice and maybe we shall meet once again ***If we do , it will be different and this time I will not consider you " My ride or die friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment