Thursday, August 28, 2014

IS MUSIC YOUR THERAPY?

I LOVE music. I really love music. I really do love music. I can listen to it twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. I like classy, non violent, non degrading, up-building type of music. Music that soothes the soul. I admit that sometimes I get down with country music, some blues, jazz, a little rap (some J. Cole) and even some GO GO, but I am especially fond of the OLDIES but GOODIES type of music. When music was R-E-A-L music. I like music that can make you shake your booty, nod your head and make you wiggle your body in your seat. I like music that has a message, a message that is clean and reasonable. Of course being the ROMANTIC that I am , I LOVE, LOVE SONGS. I love those songs that make you want to fall in love. I love music but not when it is extremely loud, and overpowering. I hate when my neighbors (hint, hint) have music so loud that it shakes my ceiling and makes my walls tremble, playing music so loud on the side of my window that is shakes my bed. Be for REAL. That is soo inconsiderate. I don't like when someones music invades my privacy. That is rude, just plain rude. I OFTEN USE MUSIC AS THERAPY. Music helps me sort out my feeling sometimes. It helps me bring out some powerful emotions that are buried deep down inside that need to come up and out. You know what I mean! The emotions may come from stress. Job issues, love issues, death issues, friend issues, family issues, dealing with the general public type of issues or maybe I just need a walk down memory lane. Sometimes I just close my eyes and let the music take over. It is like I am in another type of world. YOU ALREADY KNOW that since I said that I am a romantic that on my list is MR. LUTHER VAN DROSS! He had the music, the words, and the voice to make person want to fall in love. Even his remakes are so sultry with spice. Every one would always say that Luther made baby making music, and I know this is probably true. My favorites, since you asked (LOL), are Here and Now, Always and Forever, Dance with my Father, Superstar, A House is Not a Home, Take you Out, Think about You and the list goes on and on and on. I am so sorry that he is gone. He added so much to the music industry. I am so glad his music is immortalized so to speak, so that we can listen to it whenever we want. NEXT ON MY LIST is none other then THE KING OF POP HIMSELF, MICHAEL JACKSON! I have heard so many things and so many opinions about Michael through the years. I don't know if they are true or not BUT one thing that no one can deny is that the man could WRITE EXCELLENT MUSIC, SING AND DANCE. I love his music because of the beat and rhythm but mostly the ones that would make you think. The ones that has a message that could change your life. The songs I like are: Man in the Mirror, They don't Care about Us, Dancing Machine, You are not Alone, Back or White, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Remember The Time, I wanna Rock With You, Blame it On the Boogie. The list of course goes on and on and on with this one as well. I am a big fan of the Jackson five also. I HAVE TO MENTION BOYS II MEN. To me and many others, there is just something spectacular about these men. Their voices, music, lyrics, harmony and presence makes their music perfect for my therapy sessions. I see why they have lasted the test of time because they sing R-E-A-L music. I can wrap myself in my own arms, rock back and forth and fall asleep to them. I love me some BOYS II MEN. I love Season to loneliness, Thank you in Advance, A Song For Momma, Doin Just Fine, Open Arms, It's so Hard to say Goodbye, Never, and MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, I NEVER CAN GET ENOUGH OF THIS SONG~ END OF THE ROAD. THERE YOU HAVE IT ONCE AGAIN. The musical artist that I use for therapy. I use so many artist but of course I don't have the space to name them all (I need a lot of musical therapy-LOL). Tell me who you listen to. Tell me what you think. What type of music and what artist best suits you for therapy. Don't be shy and talk to me. Please COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE. Until the next time my babies. BE KIND, BE CONSIDERATE, BE THOUGHTFUL, BE CAREFUL , BE SAFE AND LISTEN TO SOME GOOD, GOOD THERAPY MUSIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment