Thursday, July 3, 2014

Noisy Neighbors!

Noisy, noisy neighbors! Do you have them? I do. They live right on top of me, right above my head. They are getting on my laaaaaast nerves. I would consider myself a patient person with a considerable amount of tolerance BUT tolerance and patience definitely has its' limits. My neighbors makes so much noise sometimes I wonder if fifty people are living in the one bedroom apartment.

When I first rented the condo apartment about two years ago, it was wonderful. It was the perfect size, it was modern and beautiful. I was told that an elderly lady lived there alone. Ahhhh that was just  perfect for me. I was so happy because I said I could finally live with some peace and quiet. You see the apartments that I moved from was so full of noise and illegal activities, it was just RIDICULOUS. Now I found heaven. SO I THOUGHT!

The tenants upstairs moved in without any fan fare. They were so quiet that I never knew the elderly lady moved out and this FIGURATIVE FOOTBALL team moved in. One day all of a sudden, I heard this banging and a lot of tools as if the tenants were taking out fixtures from the sink in the kitchen. I wondered to myself what in the Hades are these people doing?

After that it was pretty much quiet. It was so quiet that I thought these people had moved out. As I listened carefully I heard a shuffle of feet, and a light walk across the floor. I said to myself , okay they are still there. This was pretty cool because the noise was very light. I could hear them walking around and it was everyday noise. I could deal with that.

THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THINGS CHANGED. I was sleep one night and I heard a BIG BANG noise in my bedroom, it woke me up out of my sleep and shook my ceiling! I said to myself "Here we go again". I thought that this was an isolated incident BUT BOY WAS I WRONG!

Over the months to follow the noise started to increase and the members of the" FOOTBALL TEAM" increased also.

I started hearing very heavy footsteps, heavy banging, heavy running, heavy stomping, heavy jumping, heavy rolling, heavy wrestling! I wondered what the Hades are they doing now and how many people are living there?

The noise and it's severity increased. I wondered, had someone turned this apartment into a center for mentally ill people and/ or a homeless shelter? Was this a center for run away children? If not what in the world could these people be doing to cause so much noise?

I told what was going on to my landlord BUT she did not say much.

After a while the noise and the activity from upstairs decreased. I was so happy, maybe I can get some decent sleep. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

The noise started once again, and it had gotten worse. Most of the time, I wish I could stick my hand slowly through the ceiling, grab their ankles, clip them up and make them fall head first. Some days the noise is soooo loud, I wish I had a shot gun so I could seriously shoot through the ceiling, and shoot someone in the foot. Yes, some days it is THAT BAD!

It is a shame that people are so very selfish and have no consideration for their neighbors. This shows a lack of HUMILITY also. A quality that is lacking in some people. If I would have known then, what I know now, I would have PASSED on this lovely little condo. apartment. STAY TUNED!




1 comment:

  1. I really need your help on this one. This is an on going time of endurance. I know a lot of you are going through the SAME thing! Let me know how you feel! What would you do? What are you doing?

    ReplyDelete