Friday, July 11, 2014

I HATE COWARDS!

Have you noticed that I have put the post of this blog in all capital letters? Would you like to know why? I really, really hate cowards. I know that all humans have some cowardice in them including me BUT when I see on a major scale how cowardly people are, it boils my blood.

I see and hear about this each and every day. I am pretty sure that we all do. I see it when I am out in my everyday activities. I see it on the videos on you tube. I hear about it on the news broadcast and I read about it online. 

Many may say it is easier said than done to have courage. Some people just do not want to get involved. They may feel that they will get hurt or even killed, and that may be true. Some may feel that they do not have the time or that it may not even do any good.

In some situations we just have to "muster up courage". Mustering up courage may save someone's life. An infant, a child, a grandma, an uncle, cousin, niece, nephew, sister, mother, father, or even a grandpa. You get the point. We often look the other way or make up excuses to things we should get involved in.


For example, if you are in a grocery store and you see a mother beating her child abusively. What would you do? Would you stop her, say something to her, go tell security or even call the police? OR would you say under your breath how shameful that is and walk away. To some it may be easier to just walk away and say it is "none of my business" until you find out later that the child was hospitalized or found dead. What would you say then and how would your heart feel?

What would you do if you knew that your neighbor was secretly taping another neighbors house that he has been stalking and watching her sexually. Would you ask to watch the tapes or would you muster up the courage to go to the authorities and turn in this pervert? It could be you, your daughter, or your mother!

What if you found out that one of your relatives is selling drugs. What you have the mentality that "he is just doing what he has to do to survive" ? Come on,  there are so many other things that a person can do other than to sell drugs. You mean to tell me that an intelligent human being can not think of another occupation, than to be a street drug vendor! Give me a break. Some may not turn this person in because they feel that they have a loyalty to him because this person is their relative. It takes courage to do this, great courage!

I often wonder how it would have turned out if ALL of those having information about Elliot Rodger's mental status and his plans to kill would have courageously and tenaciously told the authorities. If they had, there may have been a different out come. Lives could have been saved. I have to always remember, always remember and remind myself that COURAGE IS NOT A POSSESSION OF ALL PEOPLE!







No comments:

Post a Comment