Saturday, July 19, 2014

Have you ever been SCAMMED!

I love humans! I really do love humans! Why you may ask? I love humans because we are such very unique creatures. We possess such magnificent qualities! We are kind, loving, forgiving, giving and trusting just to name a few. Those qualities are to be admired, but unfortunately some people see these qualities and decide to exploit them. These qualities at times may put us in front line to be VULNERABLE or maybe even to becoming VICTIMS!
Victims how? Victims by means of scamming. What is scamming? Scamming is when someone tries to swindle, trick, deceive, dupe, double cross, hoodwink, bamboozle, con, fleece or shaft someone out of something, usually it is money! Scamming is one of the latest schemes used everywhere.They scam you through the mail, they scam you via the internet, they scam you through the phone, they scam you at your front door. When will this ever stop?
I notice that scammers really do their homework, they really and truly study their prey. They pick individuals that they think are vulnerable and/or weak. The ones they choose usually are women and men of all ages but especially the elderly. These scammers come in all shapes, ages, sizes, and nationalities. They live all over the world, have all types of occupations even high profile ones, own business, etc.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SCAMMED BUT THEY HAVE CERTAINLY TRIED! I remember the first time someone tried to scam me was when I was on a social website called TAGGED. I did not know anything about this website. Actually it was a website that my female cousin had introduced to me three years prior to me signing up. I encountered a very handsome young man who wanted to be my friend. This was fine with me because I was not there for LOVE or ROMANCE, or anything like that. I just wanted to get to know some people and chat a bit. His picture was very nice. He presented himself as an young educated Nigerian man, who worked a prominent job. After having many conversations with him, he somewhat convinced me that he was an honest, hard working and religious man. We talked for about three months. He was debonair, complimentary, sweet, charming and all of the synonyms you could think of.
Then he hit me with it. HIT ME WITH WHAT? He hit me with his LONG, SAD, SOB AND PULL AT YOUR HEART STRINGS STORY! This man told me that he had a child who was very ill. He mentioned that his child had gotten seriously ill from contaminated water in his country and was going to "die". He said that the government could and would not give him money or help for his child. He also told me that the child's mother was murdered, he had no friends, his parents were dead, his relatives were dead except for one uncle whom was worse off financially than he was. He begged and pleaded, pleaded and begged for me to send him some money. I could hear his heart beating in desperation and his crying through the web (yes he was that good). HE TOLD ME THAT I WAS HIS ONLY DESPERATE HOPE!
After offering him many suggestions, he refuted every last one of them. My heart and mind after considering all of the facts let me know that, HE WAS A SCAMMER. After my refusal to send him money that I didn't have for his "dying child", he started to get angry and berated me. Immediately after our final conversation he BLOCKED ME!
THE FACEBOOK SCAM ATTEMPT! I found a new actor crush. His name is Joseph Van Vicker or BKA as Van Vicker. Some of you probably know him, he is a Ghanian actor. Very handsome, smooth, charming, debonair, beautiful eyes, etc... He is delicious eye candy, such a beautiful looking man (okay, okay let me snap back, lol). Since I was an admirer of his I thought I would subscribe to one of his pages on Facebook. To my surprise one evening his chat boxed turned up and he said "how are you my dear". One of the first things I said was "what" and the next thing I asked was a question. I asked "Are you the real Van Vicker"? He said "Of course I am". We talked over an hour getting to know one another and I told him to prove he was not an imposter by Oovoo, Skype or Facetime. All I heard was crickets and tumble weeds. Mr. Fake Van Vicker decided to send me via chat, a copy of his passport, which is an obvious fake. We continued to talk for a couple of days via Facebook chat and I asked the same questions about verification and he would dodge them. I asked this about four times. Eventually he mentioned that he needed someone with a BOA (BANK OF AMERICA) or WEllSFARGO account. I asked him why would he ask about that, and he claimed he was joking. I mentioned that there are so many accusations against him concerning fraud, scams, etc... As I continued to ask that he prove that he was not an IMPOSTER, his tone started to get hostile. He berated and belittled me, calling me stupid, cursed at me repeatedly, etc.. His final message was one of hostility and belittling once again. I tried to respond to his message but his page has been deleted!
There you have it folks! Those liars and imposters tried to scam me but I dodged them! We have to be sooooo very careful with whom we trust. Some one is always trying to get something from us by dishonest gain. I knew that he was not the real Joseph Van Vicker. An actor of his caliber and busy schedule would not have time to talk to me, chatting with me about my life and liberties. TELL ME YOUR STORY! HAVE YOU BEEN SCAMMED? Please LIKE, SHARE,COMMENT and FOLLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment