Thursday, July 17, 2014

Do you like peppermint?

I remember as a little girl or even as an adult loving peppermint candy. I would take the peppermint, swirl it around in my mouth and chase it with ICE COLD MILK. Aaaah, the wonderful, and soothing smell and feeling. It also gave me an unbelievable rush! Boy, does that bring back nice memories. I was told that peppermint has many benefits but I never paid much attention to it. I just knew I LOVED PEPPERMINT CANDY! Well I am much older and much wiser now and I have decided to look a little closer into this wonderful creation.
In my research and studies I found out that the wonderful scent and taste that is in peppermint candy may actually come from peppermint extract or peppermint oil. Who knew? I did not.
What benefits can peppermint actually have? You know that is a good question, no, a very good question I must say (patting myself on the back, lol). I have found that peppermint has excellent properties that are very beneficial. I have decided to test it out and see how it works. Look at what I found!
I went online to see what was available. I chose peppermint oil because according to what I read peppermint oil is made of pure peppermint, while peppermint extract is basically a flavored solution, a little peppermint and a lot of something else that we may not want to know about.
PEPPERMINT OIL FOR HAIR LOSS AND HAIR GROWTH. I read via the internet that peppermint is good for hair loss. As I get older my hair is thinning because of a number of reasons, maybe hypothyroid issues, hormone issues, and/or iron issues. Anyway, I needed help and I turned to peppermint oil. I wash my hair and take several drops of peppermint oil and rub it in. I read that after 10-15 minutes I should rinse it out but I am a REBEL and so I keep it in (I don't wash it out until I shampoo my hair). I keep it in because I love the tingling feeling and the invigorating smell of peppermint. I have done this for quite a while now and YES I see results. My hair grows about an inch every month from using the peppermint oil, no joke. It was not growing that fast at first, nor was their thickness. Now I have growth and thickness. Voila! There you have it! Peppermint oil DOES WORK FOR HAIR GROWTH. It makes your hair grow and it does minimize hair loss! AT LEAST FOR ME!
PEPPERMINT OIL FOR INSECTS. It seems that every year around this time I receive UNWANTED VISITORS! I receive ants, flying ants, gnats, fruit flies and their families at my front door. Via the internet instructions I placed the oil (okay I threw the oil) around where the insects decided to travel. The peppermint oil did get the insects to flee, but there is one problem. Once the oil scent or fragrance dies down the insects return. So initially it does repel the insects but the often renewal of the peppermint oil is way too much for me.
I have shared a couple of benefits derived from peppermint oil! Please tell me what you use it for and the benefits! I will be waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment