Saturday, September 27, 2014

Do you like BREAD, CHEESE, MEAT and SAUCE?

What does these three things make up? What do they have in common? It can make up quite a few things BUT when I think of BREAD, CHEESE and SAUCE only one thing and one thing comes to my mind. What is that? It is the gooey and sometimes chewy, and sometimes stuffed outstanding taste of PIZZA! I L-O-V-E ME SOME PIZZA. I mean I love it. There is just something about it. The ingredients that come together that makes a spectacular explosion in my mouth, just does a body good! I love fresh pizza from the pizza shop. I love gourmet pizza. I love homemade pizza. Some people think that I am crazy BUT I even love frozen pizza. I think everybody, or at least almost everybody loves pizza. I think about pizza morning, noon and night. I think about pizza in my dreams. I think about diving into a pizza bath. I think about pizza every waking morning of the day. I think about pizza almost more then I think about anything else. My HEART pants when I see pizza! Okay I may be over the board a bit, I may be exaggerating somewhat (LMBO). I have to say that you get the point. I LOVE PIZZA. Where did pizza come from? Who created it? Does pizza have nutrients, is it good for you? PIZZA'S ORIGIN! It is SAID that the real history of this delicious dish starts in ITALY, or GREECE, or EVEN Egypt. There have been some arguments about it's origin depending on what is meant by pizza. This one created it and that one created it. It was created here and it was created there. There are so many stories that it makes my head spin, or rather makes my pizza spin (LOL). It really depends on how and who defines it. There are good arguments for each. One definition says that it is some kind of bread with stuff on it. I guess you an look at it that way!
IS PIZZA A GREAT SOURCE OF NUTRIENTS IN THE AMERICAN DIET? It provides high percentages of the total daily intake of protein, fat, saturated fat, fiber, calcium and lycopene. According to one source, it is said that it represents one third of the daily intake of calcium and more than half of lycopene which is considered a very effective antioxidant. This meal is also a source of sodium for men, women and children. You can make healthy pizza at home BUT most of the time pizza is not made at home and produce high carbohydrates and saturated fats. It has refined flour which can contribute to obesity, increase cholesterol and in time can raise the sugar in blood levels.
SOME INTERESTING PIZZA FACTS! (1) According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), one in eight Americans consume pizza on any given day. More then one in four males, ages 16 through 19, consumed pizza on a day. (2) For adults, it is said that whites were more likely to consume more pizza then Blacks or Hispanics. (3) For adults it seems that pizza is consumed more so at dinner. For children pizza is consumed at lunch and/or dinner. (4) When consumed pizza contributes to one third of the daily intake of sodium and calcium, and more then the daily intake of lycopene. (5) Pizza is the most popular food in the world.
THERE YOU HAVE IT! MY TAKE ON ONE OF THE MOST DELICIOUS FOODS I KNOW. I JUST LOVE ME SOME PIZZA, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT! Please let me know if you love pizza. Please, SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT FREELY. Until the next time. PLEASE BE KIND, BE LOVEABLE, BE CAREFUL AND EAT SOME BREAD, CHEESE, MEAT, AND SAUCE AKA PIZZA!

No comments:

Post a Comment